Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Mid Week Catch Up

My blogging may be falling short... but my block collection certainly hasn't!  With 12 Quilt Projects and 2 Crochet Projects on the go in January the blocks just kept piling up :)  Packing for home (Canada) will take some sorting, but I'll worry about that later in the month.
I stayed with red for all of my 365 Challenge blocks and managed to get red into several of my other projects.   My total blocks sewn in January = 63 and crocheted in January = 5.  January carry overs = 3, Cookbook Recipe 5 (January 30) ; Adventurously Epic Block 5 (January30) ; Crochet A Block 4 (January 27) all 'weeklies' so I should have them done by Sunday :)

January Blocks

January BOMs

January CALs

January Daily

January Twice Monthly

January Weekly

My February Color has changed from the planned Purple, to Green because I have very few purples on this side of the pond and seem to have quite a few greens.  By the end of February my 365 pile may look Christmassy...
February's 'fun room' agenda will be busy and I likely won't keep up as nicely as I did in January due to a weekend trip to Cambridge, some day trips locally (Bristol, Bath and Frome) and travel home on the 19th.
I added two projects to the list, Kraken (Quilt) and Hygge (Crochet) bringing my total planned WiPs to 16.  I DON'T need any more!!!  Won't stop me from hunting them down though ;) Of the 16, 5 have a fee - Chocolatier, Kraken, Paper Pieced Vintage, Aiming For Accuracy Challenge (one time fee) and Cookbook QAL (purchase of book).  The rest are completely free or free for the month of release.


Linking up with Susan's Midweek Makers #57 at Quilt Fabrications, where I have been kindly featured this week.  Thank you Susan :)

Also linking up with Lorna's Let's Bee Social #162 at Sew Fresh Quilts

Enjoy what your day brings everyone :)

12 comments:

  1. Look at your progress! So many blocks! I'm doing the 365 Challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you enjoying the 3" Blocks? A lot of mine are wonky, but I think they'll be fine.

      Delete
  2. Love looking at your collection, you busy girl! Thanks again for sharing on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan :) It sure seems like a lot, but one block at a time goes pretty quickly.

      Delete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS! That is a LOT of blocks! You seem to be a very busy and happy stitcher this past January. Hope all goes well heading into February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's a harmless obsession, right??? LOL

      Delete
  4. You are one productive lady! Love your blocks and color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that's quite the collection of blocks. Good luck with the packing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, my suitcase space is limited so I'll have to be picky. Most of them can stay behind as it's early days in the BOM world and easy enough to catch up or re do :) I won't be doing much sewing this month.

      Delete
  6. Wow you've been busy!!!! I'm bad at keeping up with QALs and am sporadic at tackling WIPs, so I've just been focusing on decluttering my sewing space ATM by using scraps as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell behind in February, just too much to keep on track with I think I'm losing interest in, probably because I take on too many. LOL

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)