Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Keeping On Track

For the most part I'm keeping up with the 'too many' BOMs and QALs I've got on the go.  7 more 3" blocks brings me up to date with the 365 Challenge.  They are quick blocks, both in the sewing and instagram sharing.


Today I finished Recipe 4 - Shine,  for the Cookbook QAL It's a paper pieced block which needed some prep work before printing off the pattern pieces.  If I printed from the book it would have been one piece per page, a waste of paper when I could fit more on a page, so I traced than copied.  Kind of a pita really.  I think a proper pattern should be available (either on the blog or emailed to the QAL participants).  That being said, I didn't HAVE to do the block ;)  That's 4 Weeks - 4 Blocks so far, shared on instagram and Flickr


Another Paper Pieced blocks for this week was the 6" 'Come Fly Away' for Paper Pieced Vintage. Turned out ok, a couple of seams could be tighter :)  This QAL is twice monthly and shared on Flickr. instagram and Facebook.




  Linking up with Let's Bee Social 161 at Sew Fresh Quilts and Mid Week Makers 56 at Quilts Fabrication

2 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty blocks! Even though Shine was a pita, it's beautiful! Thank you for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)