Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday Finishes...

A couple of finishes, both done before I traveled from Canada to England.  The first one was to test the December 'Wanderlust' pattern for Janeen at Quilt Art Designs.  I had no problem agreeing to do the CN Tower block :)   Paper Piecing is still a very time consuming project for me, I enjoy doing them, but they sure don't clip along at a pace.  There are a lot of start/stop moments.  Because of that, I only managed to get two of the 12 months done for Wanderlust... January and December, both are now wall hangings left at home.  I have the rest saved and hope to get to them... but you know how things go in the quilting world, there is always a 'gotta do' around the corner.
No pictures of the CN Tower hanging on the wall... I forgot to take one before leaving :)





The second finish is a small table topper I made and brought with me.  I followed a pattern in one of the magazines I have at home... of course I forget which one and didn't bring it with me.  I wasn't sure about the size so was well pleased that it ended up being perfect for the table on this side of the pond.



Linking up with TGIFF at Devoted Quilter. I hope you all enjoy your Friday, be safe and share some smiles :)

7 comments:

  1. Love the tower piece! Paper piecing has become my main obsession for this year! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy it. It forces me to slow down, but sometimes I just need to be busy busy busy so slow doesn't always work.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Janeen sure does nail those paper piecing designs, doesn't she? Your CN tower looks fantastic and the table topper looks perfect on your table :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've learned a lot doing Janeen's designs and have had some wonderful results :)

      Delete
  3. That's amazing. You sure have taken to paper piecing quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gotten familiar now. Still a slow process, but at least I don't feel lost. Janeen's designs are more about Art than precision, makes them fun to do. Gotta be organized though, there are many many many pieces ;)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)