Saturday, November 5, 2016

More Bags???

Well of course, Bag It continues and so does the creation of bags and totes in my Fun Room.  These will be the last of them for me, I'll soon be heading off to the 'other side' of the Pond (two weeks from today) .

Linking up with Bag It Entry at Elm Street Quilts and claiming 4 more ballots :)



Bag 11 is a cosmetic type bag I made following the 'Trinket Case' tutorial by It's Sew Illustrated. I like the zipper instructions for this one, the rest of that gusset type construction gave me no end of grief.  I quilted my main body piece and lost some size so I should have adjusted the gusset pieces. It's not lined, so a little messy on the inside but it's usable, just not something I would give as a gift ;) It's a tutorial I'll try again, I'll just make sure to follow along more closely... I do tend to veer off into 'I've got this' mode a little quickly sometimes.  I used 'Oh Canada' by Stonehenge fabrics and it finished at 9" x 7" x 3"  It already has a tube of toothpaste, a bottle of tylenol and a tube of polysporin in it.



Bags 12 & 13 are Totes, made following a 'Tote Bag'  tutorial at Craft Buds.  I wanted something 'Canadian' to use while shopping in the local shops when I'm in England to replace the Sobey's bags, which I find hit the ground when I carry them while walking.   I went with a partial lining (about 6" from the top), thin batting with minimal quilting (either side of the seams) and no edge seams so they fold up reasonably small for when they are not carrying groceries.  I used 'Discover Canada' Andover fabric and some 'Oh Canada'.  They should be perfect!
The stripe one finished at 14" x 12" with 15" quilted handles and the squares one finished at 14 1/2 x 12 1/2 with 20 inch handles.



Bag 14 was created because I had a piece of fabric already quilted, a slip up when I was making my first 'Sew Together' bag (I cut the fabric wrong and got it quilted before I realized).  It's just a simple unlined flat zipper pouch, nothing fancy and it will hold whatever sewing notions (or other stuff) I can't fit into the other two pouches.  They are great for keeping things organized when travelling.  I use the one I made last year to keep all of my charging leads, ear buds, thumb drives in.  This one finished at 9" x 8"


8 comments:

  1. Great looking bags! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll with all these bags. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, the roll has stopped for this year.

      Delete
  3. All your bags are wonderful! We learn from out mistakes...and create more new things from them! Very well done! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Making bags is a nice break from piecing blocks, but I'm ready to resume.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)