Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Mod Bear Finished :)

After a whirl wind first week on THIS side of the Pond, I finally have things mostly organized here. My 'fun room' is quite a bit smaller on this side and my quilting stash is... well, to be honest, I don't have one here, a few scraps in shoe boxes in the loft ~~~sob~~~  I only packed one project to bring with me, Aiming for Accuracy Challenge (getting three months behind on A4AC would not be a good thing) and two finishes, one being The Mod Bear bed runner :)

Mod Bear QAL was a challenge at times, with all of those tiny hsts for the Bear Claw blocks.  But oh my heavens that bear!!!  Absolutely love him!  He made the hst hair pulling moments so worth it :)  I love Lorna's patterns, they are fun to do, kind of like puzzles, and such wonderful results.  I can't wait for her Happy Birthday Canada pattern!  More bears... and a loon!

Back to my bed runner... this little lovely finished at 74" x 27" (the keys on my UK keyboard are a little different than my Canadian keyboard, the " symbol is where the @ is.  There are other miss placed symbols, but those two I use a lot so found and remember where they are, most of the time).  I backed the runner with a cute little piece of woodland critters flannel gifted to me by a friend.  No little paws on this one because I needed to get it finished before the instructions were released... not that I would have done the paws prints anyway because I'd pretty much used up my patience for tiny units.

Enough yattering, I'll just share the pictures and do the link up.

Linking up with Mod Bear QAL Linky Party at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Thank you Lorna for a great pattern and a fun QAL!

My fancy binding clips :)  I use the bigger ones on the corners.

All those cute little critters :)


On my 'Canada' wall, before packing.

Safe journey across the pond :)

Did I mention I love that bear!

10 comments:

  1. Your bear is beautiful - no wonder you love him!! Good on you with the finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raewyn, I'm so pleased I stuck with this one. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on this super cute finish! I love that you added to the width to make this bear into such a handsome bed runner. And that flannel print for the backing is perfect! What a beautiful job! Thanks so much for quilting along, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna, it was a fun sew :)

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of a bed runner. You bear is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really enjoy doing runners, they let me take part in quilt alongs without making full size quilts. Runners are much easier to finish on my domestic, so I actually manage to get them done.

      Delete
  4. Love how you altered this to be a bed runner! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)