Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Wednesday Rolls Around Again :)

More busy fun happening in my Fun Room (and across the bloggy world).  Today is the half way mark of 100 Days 100 Blocks   I've been sashing and joining my blocks as I go, with the intent to make a bed runner and cushions (so much easier to quilt than full size quilts) for my sister.  I'd like it to be a Christmas gift, and since I'll be spending Christmas on the other side of the Pond I'll need to get it finished by mid November, which is before the end of the challenge.  I'll also be travelling and then on a get away the last few days of 100 Days 100 Blocks  so likely won't get those blocks posted on the day. :)  But, so far I've been keeping up.

Blocks 43 - 50
 
There have been two Quilt Parades this week, for QALs I've participated in, Star Light Star Dark at Quilty Habit and Just The Basics at Devoted Quilter.  I always love seeing the various versions  of projects I've worked on and these two Parades didn't disappoint :)

I got the 'big bear' done for the Mod Bear Paws Quilt Along, hosted by Sew Fresh Quilts.  I changed mine a bit (I took out the center squares in the bear's body and some of the 'paws' in the bear paws blocks).  I've got the blocks pinned on two different backgrounds, trying to decide which one I'll use for the sashing.  I'm leaning towards the dark teal, I think it makes the bear stand out more.  I'll use the light fabric for the squares.


I got two more bags done for Bag It.  An 11" x 7" zipper pouch following a tutorial on Elm Street Quilts (mostly to refresh my memory from last year) and a 20" x 20" Cinch Tote following a free pattern from All People Quilt.  Lots of adds on the site but if you have the time there are a ton of free patterns.



My binding clips ;)  They work like a charm!



Bag 4 & 5

Mod Bear Paws, 100 Blocks 100 Days, Bag It, Autumn Table Cover


Linking up with Midweek Makers #40 at Quilt Fabrication, Mod Bear Paws QAL at Sew Fresh Quilts and the Bag It Entry Linky at Elm Street Quilts.

20 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I'm loving the Mod Bear Paw QAL! I just finished my big bear but I put everything else aside just to get those bear paws finished. Ü

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love would be stretching it a bit for me... I'm not fond of small blocks and some of the units in Mod Bear Paw are tiny. But the overall results are looking great, so I'm definitely liking the QAL.

      Delete
  2. Lots of fun projects happening here! Thanks for sharing them on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Susan, thanks for dropping by and for hosting Midweek Makers :)

      Delete
  3. You are doing an amazing job - keeping up with all these projects! Your big bear looks fantastic and so do all your blocks and bags. What a busy stitcher you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna. I'm liking that big bear :) Sewing keeps me sane... or lets me be insane, whichever works on the day ;)

      Delete
  4. You've been busy....like always. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my #100Blocks. I'm still keeping up, but I'd like to get ahead by a few blocks for when I have a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that once, when I went to the valley for a few days and knew I wouldn't be sewing. But mostly I've sewn and posted my block on the day, usually in the morning after my walk. After today's block I'll have the last row for the bed runner done :)

      Delete
  5. Your big bear is fabulous! Way to go! I am making mine now to catch up to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you enjoy watching your bear develop:)

      Delete
  6. I like the darker sashing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bear is looking lovely - I like your fabric choices too. You've been very busy, you seem to have plenty happening in your sewing space :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raewyn :) There usually is lots going on in my fun room with BOMs and QALs ending and starting plus whatever other 'I have to do that!' pattern pops up on the internet ;) I suppose one day I'll have to get this obsession under control... but for now it's full steam ahead.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, I'm pleased with him.

      Delete
  9. Great looking bags! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty. Your post reminds me I have a couple bags to blog/brag about. :)

      Delete
  10. Another nice back, along with other great projects! We're in the same boat, just traveling in opposite directions! I'm getting ready to concede to time and start oacking my sewing up for winter storage. Safe travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Karen :) 11 sleeps for me (one of them on the plane).

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)