Friday, September 16, 2016

TGIFFinished

"Monday, September 19 Update" Rather than doing another post I'm linking this one up with the Star Light Star Dark final Linky party :)

Another DONE! off my pile :)  Star Light Star Dark was hosted by Jessica at Quilty Habit and was a fun, quick quilt along.  I liked the nice big blocks and had my bed runner sewn, quilted and bound BEFORE realizing it was way too long for my bed.  I had to do some fiddly picking and cutting to snip off the 'green' stars, but I got 'er done and now have a lovely big cushion and perfect size runner. I may have mentioned a time or 6 that MATH is not my friend, although WHY I didn't catch on when I measured for the backing escapes me... and again when I measured for the binding. ~~~silly grin~~~ The first finished size was 102" x 23 1/2" and dragged on both sides of my bed.  The second finished size is 77" x 23 1/2" and drapes perfectly plus I have the matching cushion, which finished at 24" x 23 1/2".  The quilting is straight (sometimes) lines and ain't pretty.  The backing and binding is plain white.  It's the perfect splash of color on my white duvet, I love it :)

Linking up with Adrienne at chessetcook modern quilts for TGIFF  and Myra at Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday







16 comments:

  1. That turned out lovely! It looks great on the white cover. And I think the matching cushion was meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* this pattern as a runner! and the pillow is such a great partner for the runner, one would think you planned it that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa :) The runner was planned, the cushion not so much. I was so disappointed that it was too big for MY bed and soooooo happy that I was able to pick the seam and binding and cut the green star section off without messing up the quilting :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome pictures! I'm so excited to see a different layout (rather than baby or lap). It really is stunning! Thank you so much for quilting along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica, it was a great quilt along, I really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  4. I love that you made a bed runner and pillow. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Ella, I'm pleased with it :)

      Delete
  6. I love your runner and pillow! That's a great idea to make what suits your space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra :) I really like runners, I get to make awesome blocks, enjoy quilt alongs AND actually finish the project. With quilts I tend to get the top done and than they sit neatly piled waiting for backing and batting.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful bed runner and pillow! Very creative idea, the bed runner. So many people have never even heard of bed runners, and my family loved them as gifts last Christmas. Excellent work you have done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danice, I really like the runners, they add a splash of color/texture/design to a bed, they store easy when you change them up and they keep your feet warm on a cold night :)

      Delete
  8. Another great finish! These stars make me happy. Thanks for linking up with the party!

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)