Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday Catch Up

Lynette at What A Hoot Quilts is in busy mode so hasn't had BOMs Away for a couple of weeks, which I didn't realize until I had my pictures organized to post/brag about my recent BOM blocks so I'll post them anyway, without a link up.

September's block for the Sugar Club at Stitchery Dickory Dock is To & Fro a fairly quick paper pieced block that turned out wonderfully.  I really like Amy's blocks and I'm so tempted to get her get her book The Quilt Block Cookbook.  It's a bit pricey and with the added shipping to Canada... well, you know how it goes sometimes.  Maybe a digital version will happen.


I blogged about September's block for Maggie's First Dance  here .  You can sign up for the free BOM at Jacquelynne Steves' blog.



The September blocks for Quilt Doodle's BOM 2016 are 5 hats.  A very quick row to put together and too cute.  As per all the other rows, I've sewn mine together with no sashing :)  When I realized there was actually sashing between the blocks and little bitty pinwheels, I had already sewn several rows together.  I knew I wouldn't enjoy those pinwheel blocks so just decided to pass on the sashing :) This month's row is only free until the end of the month, Quilt Doodle's Hat Row.


Day #34 - Block #34 is done and posted :)



I got out for my walk this morning before the much needed rain, and when I got home my Italy Badge, for walking 736 miles (the length of Italy) was waiting for me (virtually of course). According to my Fitbit, I walked 3.28 mi this morning, after 6 hours and 51 minutes of sleep (awake 2x and restless 6x).  I like getting badges :)  And mile marker bells from my Footsteps app.  And vibrations from my Fitbit.   See, my life isn't ALL about quilting ;)


2 comments:

  1. Great looking blocks! I don't think I've ever seen the Italy badge. I did a lot on the weekend, and no badges. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, you've been keeping up with the 100 Days 100 Blocks, how are you liking the little blocks?
      I don't know how the Fitbit badges work, it's probably a random thing. With all your walking you must have a lot of daily ones :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)