Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Midweek Update :)

As per usual, I have several things on the go and too many waiting to be picked up again... I just can't seem to help myself and want to do EVERYTHING I see or that comes into my noggin ;)  My wall this week is filling up quickly.

September 21
I'm caught up with my BOMs so started a Fall Table topper for my dining room table using 4 - 12" Square in square in square blocks and 5 - 12"  Hattie's Trick blocks (in three combinations), following the tutorial in AnneMarie Chany's Sister Sampler Quilts book, chapter 1.  A lovely block that sewed up nicely.

SiSiS

Hattie's Trick
It was nice to work on bigger blocks after all the 6" blocks I've been making for 100 Days 100 Blocks.  Today's block was the first of the 'Triangle' blocks.

Day 36 Block 36
 Yesterday I finished the 7" Bear Paws blocks for the Mod Bear Paw Quilt Along, hosted by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Yikes at all of those  1 1/2" HSTs!  I'm only doing a bed runner, so didn't need as many blocks something I am very thankful for :)

Bear Paws
 Linking up with Mod Bear Paw Quilt Along at Sew Fresh Quilts and Midweek Makers #38 at Quilt Fabrication

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your Bear Paws done. You were smart to only make a bed runner. I also take on more than I can really cope with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all do Lisa ;) Variety is the spice of life isn't it? Maybe that's why :)

      Delete
  2. I love the teal centers on the Bear Paws! Great idea! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, it's a great color, nice and deep :)

      Delete
  3. You are a busy block builder! And your design wall looks fabulous, even if it is full. I love the fabrics you have chosen for your Bear Paw blocks. The brown looks like pine tree needles! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna :) There were sure some tiny units in those blocks ;)

      Delete
  4. You are indeed successfully juggling many projects - so beautiful! my favorite is your Hattie's Trick block! The style and color play is gorgeous! What fun you appear to be having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miaismine, fun for sure, it's why I call it my Fun Room :)

      Delete
  5. You've been very productive - love seeing all your projects! Thanks for sharing them on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, it's great to have a place to share/brag :)

      Delete
  6. Those HST's are killing me. At least I have more than half of them finished (I'm shooting for the large quilt).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain Cheryl! You are smart to do them in smaller bunches. I hope they are finished by now :) And I'm sure the end result will be worth it!

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)