Friday, September 2, 2016

It's Friday :)

Another Friday Finish to share :)  A couple of weeks ago I decided I was going to start using my ever growing 'library' for projects.
Library project #1 is Bird Diamonds, a table topper I made following 'Triangle Pop' by Emily Dennis in Love Patchwork and Quilting, Issue Thirty Eight.  No links to the magazine, I figured I bought it and I'm blogging about it so that's enough free advertising :)  I used about a miter of fabric I picked up at Atlantic Fabrics (Birds) and some off white I had on hand (probably a Wal Mart purchase).  The Yellow was leftover from Just The Basics QAL, the red and blue were scraps.  The back is mostly blocks from Blossom Heart Quilts' Modern HST Sampler, which I gave up on in July, so my table topper is reversible :)
Bird Diamonds finished at 42" x 43", the quilting is just straight (almost) lines.
Linking up with TGIFF @ Quilt Matters and Finish or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts

 







12 comments:

  1. Your table topper is extra nice being reversible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra, I probably should have taken a little more care with placement of the blocks on the back, but in the end it's bright and gave me a backing :)

      Delete
  2. That is so pretty! Being reversible is an added bonus! The colors are bright, cheerful and warm - perfect for a table topper! I also love your term "library project". I thinking you mean a project made from your library of quilting books/magazines? I love words almost as much as I love making quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, I mean my own library, like so many others I seem to have acquired a large one, both paper and digital. I think 'Library' will be my word for 2017.

      Delete
  3. Yay for using the Library! Great job with your quilt. I like the back almost as much as the front -- so fun! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) And you are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reversible projects and yours turned out beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that you made it reversible. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful and I love that its reversible!

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)