Friday, September 23, 2016

A Little Finish and a Bag :)

Block 37 of Tula Pink's City Samplber: 100 Modern Blocks appealed to me yesterday when I made it for 100 Days 100 Blocks so I made another and turned it into a 6" mug rug.  I gifted it to a friend today and it is now on it's way to Ontario :)


Bag It started on Monday and I finished up my first bag this morning.  The Handy Purse Organizer is a free pattern by Caroline Fairbanks-Critchifield and can be found at at Sew Can She.  There are a lot of ads on the blog so the page can take awhile to load, but it's a great little organizer with 13 pockets (6 mesh, 6 fabric and 1 inside zippered pocket) and a roomy middle.  Mine finished at 11 1/2" x 8" x 3" .  My zipper pocket has a hidden zipper, which in hindsight wasn't the best option, it's a bit awkward to unzip, especially when there are things in the organizer.
If you are planning to make a bag or two for Christmas gifts then now is a great time to join in with Elm Street Quilts Bag It, lots of tutorials and chances to win prizes.





Linking up with Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts, TGIFF at Crazy Dutch Bird Quilts and Bag It at Elm Street Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is a beautiful fabric, I've made a table topper from it as well which my sister loves. Only a small piece left which I think will become a zipper pouch for myself :)

      Delete
  2. How nice to see a sister MMQG member here! Love your purse organizer, esp. the mesh pockets! It's a must have! Great job! XO, ~karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen :) I seem to follow you around quite often ;) With the wonders of the internet we can be the Sisterhood of the MMQG :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, it turned out cute and was quick. What are you doing with your Tula blocks?

      Delete
  4. Love the bag and the use of the mesh! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty, I use it on my desk, it holds a lot. It's a little 'flumpy' so if I were to make another I think I'd use some heavier interfacing.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)