Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday Again :)

This week I got the 'above and below' rectangles cut and blocks sewn together for Star Light Star Dark, hosted by Jessica at Quilty Habit.  Nice big blocks, mine are 26" x 24", that are great for showing off fabrics.  My Star Light Star Dark will be a bed runner :)  The star point shadows on the yellow block are from the block under it ;)  I have no clue why the color of the cork is so different from picture to picture, they were taken with the same camera one after another.





I've also been keeping up with the 100 Blocks 100 Days Instagram fun using Tula Pink's book, City Sampler. Blocks 1 2 & 3 I blogged about on Friday.  Here are my blocks 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8.  Wonky little blocks, but they'll be fine when they're sewn together.  I cut them out in the evening, then sew them together after my morning walk.  Nice little routine that sets me up for the rest of the day :)






Linking up with Midweek Makers #34 at Quilt Fabrication, Let's Bee Social #139 at Sew Fresh Quilts and the Progress Link Up at Quilty Habit.

9 comments:

  1. What a bunch of fun happening at your house! Love all those blocks - thanks for sharing them at Midweek Makers!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't keep up! Bravo for all the quilting you get done. So envious. I love the big blocks. Scrap busters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another month, another block or six :)

      Delete
  3. I just can't keep up! Bravo for all the quilting you get done. So envious. I love the big blocks. Scrap busters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All beautiful blocks. I am also doing the Star Light Star Dark, and the bed runner is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been great seeing the different colors others have chosen :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE your SLSD blocks!! They are going to be amazing as a runner! Can't wait to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica, both for the comment and hosting the QAL :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)