Monday, August 22, 2016

BOMs Away Monday 08/22

Dear Daughter, Chapter 8 is the last block of my August BOMs and with just the words to embroider I'm almost done.  Oh,  and a bit of applique...unless I don't ;)   I think for the first time, I'm actually following the pattern for the words (Have Courage), it's just easier than trying to come up with my own.  The finish for this one is going to be for my granddaughter, Penny Lane and she's only 7 (a week shy of) so I was trying to keep the words simple.  Of all the Chapters so far, this one is my least favorite... I just don't get on well with little pieces so the end result is wonky and I'll be losing a LOT of points, but with Penny, it's all about the color, so her beautiful eyes will be sparkling with all  the purples :)

Linking up with Lynette's BOMs Away at What A Hoot Quilts.  You HAVE to pop over and check out her progress on the Fancy Forest Quilt!  What a job she's doing on it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)