Monday, August 8, 2016

BOMs Away 8/8/2016

The August (and final) blocks for Bonfire were quilter's choice again, and I  chose blocks from Chapter 2, Vice Versa, this time Capital T.  That's 16 lovely 12 inch blocks done and dusted :)  The Sister Sampler Quilts book, by AnneMarie Chany has become a 'go to' book for me.  Three chapters of beautiful blocks, clearly written instructions great pictures and lots of tips, truly worth every cent I paid for it.  Bonfire sharing on instagram and Facebook.



I'm enjoying Jacquelynne Steves' Maggie's 1st Dance BOM, the blocks are fun to piece and it's relaxing to do a bit of embroidery (some have fancy machines for embroidery and some are doing their centers using applique or fussy cuts). My needle work is pretty basic, but I'm liking the results so far.  I can always go back and add details if I want to,  It's Free and runs for 6 months (this is the half way month), but you can still  sign up to get the patterns via email, she doesn't put them on her blog so you do have to sign up.  We share our progress on instagram and Facebook, so lots of inspiration and encouragement.


Linking up with Lynette's BOMs Away Monday at What a Hoot Quilts, where this morning I found another QAL I'd like to try.  ~~~shaking my head~~~  Those ding dang blog sidebars get me everytime!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I seem to like lots of color :)

      Delete
  2. Jacquelynne's patterns are so much fun! I have done two of her QAL's & still need to finish one, such is the problem with all these darn QAL's! Your quilt is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi. I'm certainly enjoying this one :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)