Friday, August 12, 2016

An Almost Finish :)

I got the border blocks (large HSTs) done and the top for Bonfire sewn together last week, just need to get the backing and batting.  This is a big one,  81" x 81"give or take 1/4 inch ;)  I don't know who decided on 1/4" seam for quilting, but there are times when the air is blue around my sewing machine!  The feed dogs don't get a good grasp so quite often (way too often) my seams go haywire right from the start, especially if there is a seam (such as an hst) at the beginning.  Anyway, that's my moan for the moment.
I love Bonfire!  The colors are bold and make me happy and the blocks are a nice mix of textures and techniques.  I haven't got a clue how I'll quilt it, I just know I want it for MY bed!  I might even have it long arm quilted.  Of course that would mean having to go to the local shop and asking... that might be a bit of a step outside my comfort zone  LOL
Bonfire was a BOM that was FREE to join, but you had to buy the book Sister Sampler Quilts by AnneMarie Chany.  I grumbled and moaned at first because  last year I paid for the Vice Versa BOM and it's Chapter 3 in the book, so I kind of paid twice for it ;)  BUT, the book is awesome!  I love every single block in it and will do them again, and in some cases again.  Also, I won a $25 Gift Card for Fat Quarter Shop in January (for linking up Moon & Star) .  I missed most of the link ups because I didn't take this one with me when I went to England in April and didn't catch up until July.  All in all, I'd give Bonfire a big ~~~SMILE~~~ and truly recommend the book.

Linking up with Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts, take a little hop over and check out what others have Finished or Not :)
 




6 comments:

  1. Wow! It's stunning! Your color choices all work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was almost fun picking the block colors each month.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful! It looks great on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja :) I picked up the batting yesterday, this one might actually get quilted ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank you AnneMarie, great blocks make for a great finish :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)