Friday, August 5, 2016

A Top Pieced :)

Just The Basics, hosted by Leanne at Devoted Quilter started in March, with new instructions posted each month.  August is the last month and while I can't claim to enjoy hsts and geese in the numbers used in this quilt I stuck with it and got the top finished.  Too many fiddly seams makes for miss matches, of which there are a few :)  And I went wrong on the cutting one month and got my oranges mixed up but neither takes away from the look.  I'm linking up with Finished Or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts .





10 comments:

  1. Mess-ups are just "happy accidents" and sometimes they elicit fun results. The quilt top looks great; nice color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors in this quilt. Good job in sticking with it! The result is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I thought the colors were summery but my sister said 'oh, what a great autumn quilt' LOL

      Delete
  3. I love it! Great finish. I need to catch up with July and August instructions. Can't wait to see what mine looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, it was a fun Quilt Along (maybe a few too many hsts and geese) ;)

      Delete
  4. It looks great, Kathy! There were a lot of fiddly seams, but you did a great job with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased with it and glad I stuck with it :) Now to get it quilted!

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)