Friday, August 19, 2016

A Finish - A Start - A Win :)

While enjoying a little shopping therapy at Atlantic Fabrics last weekend my sister picked up a Fat Quarter of Northern Lights fabric and asked for a cushion cover for her bed.  Easy enough to whip up, I used the tutorial for the August Sugar Block Club for the center block and followed Made by ChrissieD's tutorial for a hidden zipper and some blues from my stash.  Simple quilting and it was done :)

Linking up with TGIFF at The Quilt Journal and Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts.








Yesterday, while reading the blogs I came across a post about 100 Days 100 Blocks, hosted by Gnome Angel (and others)  using the book Tula Pink's City Sampler and meant to be a bit of fun on Instagram. I was able to get the Kindle version at Amazon so decided to join in even though I was a day late and already out of contention for prizes and the sewing machine prize is only open to Australia, but it's all fun and for me, a chance to work on my 1/4" seam making 6" blocks ~~~eek~~~.





And the Win :)  On August 2,  I was contacted about my win for Rainbow Rose at  Modern Quilters Ireland, an awesome gift specially collated in Japan by Tomomi of Slaney Handcraft!  With some emails back and forth (I wanted to insure that I understood if the cost of shipping to Canada was too steep) my address was given and on August 11 my generous package arrived from Ireland.  What a great sewing/quilting world we are a part of today :)


My Rainbow Rose, washed and showing all it's quilty textures :)  You can read about the Finish here or clicking on the label at the bottom of the post.   




4 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy,
    You had a lot of good stuff going on! Loved your pillow you made your sister, think you hit the jackpot with your win from Ireland-( really cute fabric), and love your rainbow rose on your table- so colorful and cheerful - it would make me smile every time I walked past it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie :) I am so lucky to have such great inspiration from the blogs I visit and the posters who take the time to visit here. Rainbow Rose makes me smile for sure :) I'm not sure what I'll make with my win yet, but it will be something I can hang in my fun room to remind me of the great Quilt Along :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you :) My sister is pleased with it so I'm happy.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)