I got a start on a fill in project over the weekend, a medallion quilt. I seem to be drawn to them when I'm hunting down projects but this is the first time I've actually started one. I used a pattern in Today's Quilter, Issue 12, called Cottage To Castle for the center. My Center Star is a bit off kilter, it should have been 29 1/2" square, but it ain't. :) That means I'll have to do some quilt math for the next border, which I don't have much luck with. The pattern calls for a hexie border ~~~cringe~~~ I'm going to try and do an hourglass border following instructions in Block 2 of Maggie's 1st Dance, just a little bigger. Fingers crossed.
I also worked on an edit for my Chapter 1 of Dear (Grand) Daughter. The letters on pink hearts just didn't seem to stand out enough so I took that section of the chapter out and switched it with an embroidered piece. I like it better.
|Maggie's 1st Dance Chapter 1 Original|
|Maggie's 1st Dance Chapter 1 EDIT|
|July 27, 2016|