Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wednesday Again :)

Time to share what we're working on with Midweek Makers #30 at Quilt Fabrication  :)

I got a start on a fill in project over the weekend, a medallion quilt.  I seem to be drawn to them when I'm hunting down projects but this is the first time I've actually started one.  I used a pattern in Today's Quilter, Issue 12, called Cottage To Castle for the center.  My Center Star is a bit off kilter, it should have been 29 1/2" square, but it ain't. :)  That means I'll have to do some quilt math for the next border, which I don't have much luck with. The pattern calls for a hexie border ~~~cringe~~~ I'm going to try and do an hourglass border following instructions in Block 2 of Maggie's 1st Dance, just a little bigger.  Fingers crossed.


 I also worked on an edit for my Chapter 1 of Dear (Grand) Daughter.  The letters on pink hearts just didn't seem to stand out enough so I took that section of the chapter out and  switched it with an embroidered piece.  I like it better.


Maggie's 1st Dance Chapter 1 Original

Maggie's 1st Dance Chapter 1 EDIT

July 27, 2016


2 comments:

  1. Love your color choices in both quilts! Sorry you have to do quilt math on the star, but I know you'll get it figured out. Thanks for sharing with us on Midweek Makers
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan :) My grand daughter's favorite color is purple... hopefully it still will be by the time I finish the quilt ;) I got the hourglass border done yesterday, the math wasn't too awful and I'm happy with the results. Now to decide on the next border :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)