Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Snowflake Shimmer

I'm adding another Quilt Along to my list, Snowflake Shimmer, designed and hosted by Yvonne at Quilting Jet Girl.  I spent a fair bit of time at the new Atlantic Fabrics in Halifax picking the fabrics and even piled them on a table and stepped back to help me decide.  Then when I got home I laid them on my ironing board and by the end of the evening I was thinking they two grays were just too close in color.  I posted a pic on Facebook (well more than one actually) and Yvonne was quick to respond and help me decide if they would work.  They are close, but I'm going to stick with them and I'll use quilting/thread to define the snowflakes, if I have to.

Linking up with the 1st Link Up at Quilting Jet Girl :)  I almost forgot to do a blog post, but got it done with a day to spare.  32 Fabric Selection Link Ups already, I think this is going to be a busy Quilt Along :)




4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad you decided to stick with it! I think it will turn out beautifully, and I look forward to seeing these fabrics turn into a quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still hoping the shimmer and slight mauve tinge of the snowflake fabric will be enough of a contrast :) By the wonderful mix of fabrics I'm seeing posted this is going to be an awesome quilt along! So looking forward to watching how they all come together :)

      Delete
  2. I like your choices. I cut fabric today. Ready to get sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, my first fabric purchase at the new Atlantic Fabrics in Halifax. I finished up the last of the cutting on mine this evening, fans whirring. My fun room is upstairs in an older house, the ceilings are low and even with 4 open windows it gets mighty hot up here.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)