Monday, July 18, 2016

Repeat Finished :)

Repeat, hosted by Patty D at Elm Street Quilts has been so much fun to work on.  The paper pieced letters and star were relaxing to do and the weekly goals were just perfect for me, no pressure to keep caught up and no long waits between goals.  Loved doing this and am so pleased I got it finished, quilting and all!  A huge thank you to Patty for hosting Repeat and for so kindly sending me the last couple of weeks patterns early so I could print them off on the same printer the first weeks were printed off.  It really did save me some headaches as my printer at home prints off larger than the one in England.  ((((Patty))))

Linking up with the Repeat Linky Party at Elm Street Quilts.

Repeat - My Version = Fabrics from my 'England Stash', the letters were constructed in England, the star, final construction and quilting were done in Canada. I used a meandering free motion stitch in most of the negative space, leaving the letters un-quilted.  The border is straight stitching and one line of a decorative stitch (#50 on my Brother SQ9130)  It finished at 32" x 34" and now lives on the wall at the end of my cutting table, on the Canada side of the pond.  I love it!





10 comments:

  1. Kathy, your quilt looks great. I'm so glad to hear it is hanging in your sewing space. It came out great - thanks for being part of the QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, it is a darling finish! It WAS a fun QAL, wasn't it? Mine is in the queue to be quilted. I've already made a space for it to hang in my sewing area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm well pleased with it. Repeat was perfect for me, it was wonderful seeing all the different versions coming together, it wasn't so long that I lost interest and not so much repetition. And NO HSTs or Geese ;)

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! Congrats on an amazing little international quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A different fabric for each letter?! Good thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using different fabrics for each was a great way to use up scraps. Makes for a lot of little memories :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)