Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Mid Week WiPs

I've been slowly chugging away at this month's Just The Basics geese.  The trimming is doing my head in this month... maybe because of the heat.  Not that I'm complaining ;)  I wish I were half way thru the final trimming... but I'm not ;)  I always seem to struggle with geese and these are definitely not pretty.  I think I've messed up the 4 at a time method because half of them have a little schniblet of raw edge fabric at the center.  I should go back and read but I'm too hot and cranky... Once I get the geese trimmed I'll sew them to the previously sewn geese and this month's units will be done and dusted, schniblets and all.




I've also been working on Repeat.  I got the star finished yesterday and last night I pieced the words and star together.  I just winged the construction because of adding a word and changing a couple, but when the borders are added I think it will be fine ;)  I'm loving how it looks along side my Quilters Star :)  Very scrappy, including the background.



Linking up with Quilt Fabrication's Midweek Makers #28.  I hope you are enjoying your week :)

6 comments:

  1. Trimming, ugh. Hope you don't hurt yourself. Seems that it doesn't take very long anymore for a repetitive task to injure me somewhere.
    Thanks for sharing at Midweek Makers
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tension glove I wear when I'm doing a lot of cutting. I got those geese all trimmed and the units put together with no pain, just a little blue air ;) Trimming is a necessary evil with quilting. With geese there is soooo much... I should invest in one of those special rulers I guess.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That fabric is so fun in the star! I love flying geese - hate trimming them! I don't find that the special ruler particularly reduces the amount of trimming - just don't have to pay such hard attention when I'm tired as to how I'm lining it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making and trimming 64 geese isn't something I do often but it was the second time for this particular Quilt Along and I think I let the 'thought' of doing it take over a bit. Glad they are done. Sewing them in pairs to the other 64 went well enough so I'm all caught up on Just The Basics :)

      Delete
  3. I hate the trimming step too! I'm so glad you stuck it out, though :) I can't wait to see your finished quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have said Leanne, Leanne, Leanne what were you thinking??? a couple of times while trimming ;) But my Just The Basics project basket is still labeled and waiting for the next step so all's good in my little sewing spot :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)