Friday, July 22, 2016

Friday Finishes

This has been a week of finishes for me with Repeat on Monday and Rainbow Rose on Wednesday and a couple I was saving to post today so I can link them up with TGIFF which is being hosted by my wonderful niece Jenn at  A Quarter Inch from the Edge .  Pop on over and check out her sweet little Dory finish :)

The two I had saved for today I'll post next week because this morning I finished Peggy's Cove Lighthouse :)  So pleased to have this one done!  It came home in my Carry On, all of those many many many paper pieces still attached and took a couple of hours to remove while sitting on the back deck and with help from my sister, so not really a chore.

Peggy's Cove Lighthouse was a QAL designed and hosted by Janeen at Quilt Art Designs and makes the third Quilt Along I've completed this year. It finished at 45 1/2 " x 33 1/2" after a fair bit of trimming.  Not perfect by a long shot... that jagged lighthouse top on the reflection makes me cringe and quilting (straight lines, sort of)  was a pita because of all the seams, but this baby is done.  Not sure where it will live... I really don't have a wall big enough upstairs, but I'm sure I'll find a place for it :)




 Linking up with TGIFF at A Quarter Inch from the Edge and Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts.  I hope your week has been a great one!  Enjoy what your weekend brings and don't forget to share some smiles.


17 comments:

  1. Cool quilt! You did a great job on it, and so what if it's not "perfect". I think we're all our own worst critic. Looking at it as a whole, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I agree, we are hardest on ourselves ;)

      Delete
  2. It looks great to me. I am uber impressed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!! You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm lovin' the lighthouse, what a beautiful quilt! All that paper piecing seems very threatening to my sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi, it WAS a lot of work and I went wrong more than once. It was meant to be a Quilt Along, but there wasn't anyone else 'quilting along'. LOL But I got er done :)

      Delete
  5. It turned out beautifully! You could have spent those flight delays pulling off foundation papers. :) Thanks for linking up with TGIFF @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have at that! I knew I was going to link up with TGIFF, just not with Peggy's Cove Lighthouse. Now I have a couple I can link up this Friday... if I remember which ones I haven't already linked up.

      Delete
  6. It's beautiful! I've pinned it to the Finished or Not Friday Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/busyhandsquilts/finished-or-not-friday-linky-party/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on it! No one else will ever notice the imperfections you see :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My! This is gorgeous! Fabulous job. I love Janeen's patterns! I won a ribbon in a quilt show w/a pattern she made for me. Looking forward to seeing other finishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping in and commenting :) I've enjoyed the 'Janeen' patterns I've done so far. I am struggling with one that I purchased, holy bat man it's complicated LOL

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)