Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Middle of the Week

Most of my projects are caught up and packed, except for Rainbow Rose (Week 4 instructions will be posted today) and Repeat.  a a i and u were posted on Monday and I got mine done yesterday.  The letters are 5 1/2" x 4 1/2" (i is 2 1/4" wide), paper pieced and came together quickly.  As with the eeeees last week, mine are scrappy... though not as scrappy as some others, who are making each letter multiple prints, soooo lovely.

a a i u
e

While sharing on instagram I saw some HST Sampler 2nd Quarter finishes and dug into my suitcase for my previous 5 blocks and fabrics for June 20th's block Rockpool.  Another quick come together, in spite of all the trimming.  The 2nd Quarter Link Up won't be until the end of July, as the hostess of HST Sampler has some real life stuff happening.  How dare she!!!  LOL
When I put all of the blocks up for a 'group' picture, I realized that my Intersection block (top right) is put together wrong.  The HSTs should all be turned so that there is a B/G (cream) X   LOL  I'll decide later (next month or never) if I'll 'fix' it.

Rockpool

Top = Pointed - Intersection
Center = Diagonal - Faceted Stripe
Bottom = Starshine - Rockpool

Linking up with Quilt Fabrication 

6 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices for the letters! The finish will look fantastic!
    Thanks for linking up at Midweek Makers
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Susan :) And thank you, Repeat is a quick, fun QAL. There is a bit of an issue with the i, the bottom b/g piece was missing. Easy fix however, so no problem. I didn't even notice until Patty sent out the update ;)

      Delete
  2. Great progress, I enjoyed seeing the blocks you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl :) There are so many fun QALs and BOMs available... with more to come in July ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. HSTs :) So many ways to sew them and even more ways to arrange them.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)