Monday, June 27, 2016

End of June BOMs Away

Not a lot of sewing going on in my fun room over the past week or so as I sort and organize and get ready for the move back to Nova Scotia.  It's always a bit sad to pack up all my wonderful fabrics and tools and gadgets and must haves that don't often get used ;)  But than I remember all the wonderful fabrics and tools and gadgets and must haves that don't often get used waiting for me at home!  Plus, if I'm honest, most of the lovelies travel with me :)  Who needs clothes ;)
Not much sewing = lots of EQ7 practice.  I decided to use my currant BOMs as exercises for EQ7.  So far I've only tackled pieced blocks, drawing paper pieced and applique/embroidery blocks are a little beyond my skill set, but I hope to tackle them one day.
The only haven't-been-posted-yet BOMs are the blocks for Dear (Grand) Daughter.  Chapter 6 was a short one, and since I haven't settled on the words and how I'm going to do them (I'm thinking embroidery, my latest add on obsession) the full 'chapter' isn't put together.  But the blocks are :)

EQ DD Block 25

DD Block 25 x 4

EQ DD Block 26

DD Block 26 x 3
The rest I've posted before :)  None of the EQ blocks are my design, I copied them from the pattern/tutorials  purely as an exercise to build my knowledge of the various tools in the EQ program.

Aurifil Designer BOM of the Month (May), Cups and Saucers by Amy Friend of  During Quiet Time.



Maple Stack, June's block for Sugar Block Club, hosted by Amy Gibson of Stitchery Dickory Dock.



Rockpool, Block 12 of Modern HST Sampler, hosted by Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts.



Garden Path,  Block 5 of In Our Garden, hosted by Sew Incredibly Crazy.




Linking up with Lynette's BOMs Away at What a Hoot Quilts.  I hope you all enjoy the last days of June :)  I'll catch up with you from the 'other side of the pond' next month :)


4 comments:

  1. This is a fun share, Kathy! (Hope all goes well with your move back up.) I thought I was finished with the embroidery on Scott's quilt center, and all happy to fly through the little bits of fusible stitching-down I wanted done before the quilting stage so I could whip up the borders, but then I had problems with the tiniest pieces on the little stethoscopes - so now I'm going to pick the stitching out of those and pull them off so I can embroider those back on. The pieces were just so tiny that stitching them down made them all raggedy and nasty looking. ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynette, I've done the cross Atlantic trip enough times by now that I should have it down to a fine science. I don't, but I should have ;)

      It can be frustrating when some little part just doesn't play nice. I hope the second (or third/forth) attempt works better :)

      Delete
  2. All of your blocks are lovely! I travel back and forth annually, too, from Texas to NS. My big bag is for fabric, my carry on is for clothes.....and fabric! Safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My checked bag got a 'Heavy' tag this time LOL Not many clothes inside ;) I think it will make more sense to have projects on both sides of the pond rather than dragging them across the Atlantic. Time to pare down my BOMs and monthly QALs :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)