Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Paper Piecing... Again :)

Week 5 of the Peggy's Cove Lighthouse QAL has been a little more frustrating than the previous weeks, starting with printing off the pattern.  For some reason the printer decided to not print them off in landscape TWICE which wasted a good amount of Foundation Paper Piecing paper (both sides, because after the first attempt I flipped the paper over.  Then there were some missing pieces, which Janeen very quickly sorted for me.  Sewing  the lighthouse reflection proved difficult because   I opted to change the colors, which confused me to no end and the results are a lighthouse top that looks spikey.  LOL   I'm not changing it.  I made one change early on and found that changing two small pieces in the middle of a paper pieced unit is NOT fun.  It would easier to do the parts I don't like over completely, and after the hours already put in, that ain't happening either.  I still love it, so roll on Week 6

Week 5

Week 4 + 5

Weeks 1 - 5

2 comments:

  1. wow, that looks amazing. Definitely worth all the hassle you've had

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina :) And you are right, worth a little frustration.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)