Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Dreamcatcher

Love Patchwork & Quilting, Issue Thirty Two has a Dream Catcher wall hanging that I love!  It's paper pieced and the feather patterns included in the magazine have to be enlarged to 200 percent, while the dream catcher templates are actual size.  I couldn't get my head around the various programs used so was thrilled to be reminded that the Love Patchwork & Quilting site has the patterns in PDF format and even more thrilled that the feather patterns are actual size!  YAY  Big thanks to Jenn at Quarter Inch from the Edge for that reminder!

Over the weekend I got a start on the feathers.  Lots of small pieces, which is great for scrap busting and all those seams work perfect for giving the feathers wonderful texture.  I thought it would be tedious and cringed a little after all of the paper piecing I've been doing lately, but it was actually quite relaxing.  The smaller sections are easier to work on in my smaller England work area  :)

Red/Pink Feather = 58 pieces over 8 sections
Orange/Yellow Feather = 62 pieces over 6 sections


6 comments:

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)