Tuesday, April 19, 2016

This Side of the Pond Catch Up

I was able to get caught up with the Peggy's Cove Lighthouse QAL, hosted by Janeen at Quilt Art Designs after finally getting a hold of some foundation paper, not as nice as the last package I had but better than printer paper.  The shop in Midsomer Norton didn't have a clue what I was talking about... not sure if my 'accent' had anything to do with it or not and I didn't like the brand that Midsomer Quilting in Chilcompton had so Amazon it was.  Fabric arrived from Online Quilting last Monday and the paper arrived on Tuesday so I was off on Week 1 just as the pattern for Week 2 arrived in my inbox last Wednesday.  No sewing over the weekend as I was in Cambridge :)  I got Week 2 done and attached to Week 1 this afternoon.  Doesn't look like much yet... unless I stand back, then I can sort of... almost... see rocks. ;)  Week 2 certainly went smoother than Week 1, not sure if it's because the more Paper Piecing I do the less I have to think about it... or if I work better with smaller units? There are a few mess ups... but they add character :)

Ready to Start

Week 1 in Progress

Week 1

Week 2 Pieces

Week 2


Week 1 & 2

6 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Can't wait to see it progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not interested in FPP eh? LOL It DOES get easier, and I'm liking it more and more. Great for wall art, cushions etc. I still don't think it would like to do a full sized quilt using FPP.

      Delete
  2. Those sky bits are awesome. I am very tempted to jump on this QAL bandwagon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit bigger than I thought, but not overly complicated. So far. Of course we've only done sky and rocks so far. Haven't gotten into the lighthouse (I'm changing the colors, just to confuse myself more) or the rock pool reflections. It screamed at me when I first saw it and I have to say I'm loving it so far.

      Delete
  3. This is amazing! What a spectacular piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lesley, it should be lovely when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)