Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Just The Basics

Devoted Quilter is hosting Just The Basics, a FREE Mystery QAL running from March to August 2016.  Sharing via Instagram #JustTheBasicsMysteryQuilt , which I'm getting the hang of.  I'll also share here, just because :)
March =  Size (Baby or Throw) and fabric selections.  I waited until I was England side of the Pond :) Picking fabrics for a mystery quilt isn't fun ;)  I'm going with the smaller size for no particular reason other than I wanted to take part.
2 - 1 - 3 - 4 - 5 (I changed my mind after taking the picture)
 April = 128 HSTs trimmed to 2 1/2".  I gave Leanne's trimming technique a go and I have to say it seemed to go faster... but then I don't remember the last time I've made 128 HSTs all at once.  Not something I want to do regularly ;)


64 Fabric 2 Squares & 64 Fabric 5 Squares

128 Trimmed HSTs
128 Pressed (and dog earless) HSTs

2 comments:

  1. Your fabrics look great and your HSTs are beautiful! I'm so glad you're sewing along :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)