Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wednesday Catch Up

Got ready for my morning walk, tunes in hand and headed downstairs to see the yucky rain had started soooooo... back upstairs to the fun room to work on 'Dear (Grand)Daughter :)
Dear Daughter is a paid for BOM/QAL hosted by Sherri Noel at RebeccaMaeDesigns.  For this one, I'm 'Free' to pay for a BOM :)  Not often an option I like, but this one HAD to be done.  It was a one time fee for 12 monthly 'Chapters', which are really mini quilts all on their own.  We get a sneak peak each month so we know if any of the blocks that month are duplicated in future Chapters.  I really like that because I'm working from my purple stash, so having the sneak peak I was able to make sure I had enough of each color for my EPP petals.  Mine is for my Grand Daughter, Penny Lane.  Purple is her FAVORITE color, and ballet is her favorite thing to do.  She goes to a French Emerson School so I will likely include some French words.  This morning I fused the ballerina to Chapter 2 and pinned the three finished 'chapters' to my display wall for a photo.  I still need some words for Chapter 3, I'm thinking 'Precious' with a pair of ballet slippers hanging from the block on the left side. I am loving this one so far!
Chapter One

Chapter Two

Chapter Three

Chapters One, Two and Three

Over the weekend, Monday and Tuesday I worked on a table runner for my cousin Sandra.  She liked the one I did for Elm Street Quilt's 'Harvest QAL' last fall, even offered to purchase it, so I told her if she got the supplies I would make one for her, to her measurements.  I had to add a few blocks to make it long enough and fiddle with the sashings (they ain't perfect), quite a bit of picking out and resewing, but it's done and ready for quilting.  Not sure I'll get it finished before I go to England... but maybe :)

Harvest Table Runner

Left Side

Right Side

Linking up with Lorna's 'Let's Bee Social #117' at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Enjoy what your Wednesday brings :)

8 comments:

  1. I bet your granddaughter is going to love the quilt you are making for her. It is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne :) She spied my bins of purple when she was here for a sleepover and wondered if I was making something for her. I think she'll like it :)

      Delete
  2. The BOM's are wonderful and I know your granddaughter will love it for a long, long time. Your table runner for your cousin is beautiful. Fall is my favorite time of year so if she doesn't like it I'm willing to give it a good home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm partial to the Fall as well, I love the oranges and golds. I'm pretty sure Sandra will like it :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see it all done....so far, it's amazing. She's going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, Penny Lane is a sweetie and pretty easy to please :)

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous quilt for your granddaughter! It will be treasured, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)