Monday, March 28, 2016

Q1 of HST Sampler QAL

The end of March brings the finish of Quarter 1 of the HST Sampler QAL hosted by Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts.  It's Free, quick and a great way to hone up on making HSTs.   I've learned several ways to make HSTs and in the process have gotten much better with keeping my points... not perfect, that's not ever going to be 'me', I sew fast, always have.  I like to get right down to it and buzz along to completion... of the block, because finishing the actual quilts is definitely NOT my strong suit.
That dang 1/4" still gets me into trouble!  Why a 1'4"???  Why not a little bigger so that the right side of the seam gets grabbed by the feed dogs more easily...  My 1'4" skills ARE getting better :)
I sewed my Q1 blocks together Top = Candy -  Ninja - Lantern and Bottom = Stepping Stones - Mountains - Formation all of the tutorials can be found here .  Quarter 1 was done on the Canadian side of the Atlantic.  Roll on Quarter 2, which will be done on the England side of the Atlantic :)
We've been sharing our blocks on Instagram using #modernhstsampler and on the Blossom Heart Quilts Facebook Group and today is the Q1 Linky Party at Blossom Hearts Quilts.  39 Links and counting :)




4 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you are uisng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina. Wal Mart works in a pinch :)

      Delete
  2. Your blocks are awesome. It's been great learning new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also nice to learn in a relaxing way :) Some of the skill building join ins are stressful LOL

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)