Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Keeping Busy :)

 I finished the Autumn Table Runner for my cousin over the weekend.  I struggled with how to quilt it then bit the bullet and jumped in. Lots of diagonals using the hand quilted stitch on my machine (both ways) then used the wavy line in between every second wider space, both ways. Then another quilting stitch (almost a zig zag) in the other wider space, both ways.  A lot of stitches and maybe a bit chaotic, but it lays nice on the table. :)





I'm in full on trip anticipation mode this week, so no actual sewing.  The three day Paintbrush Studios 2016 New Block Blog Hop started on Monday, so I've used the blocks in that to get some practice in with Electric Quilt 7.   I set up a Pinterest Board just for the Blocks (12 of them a day, 13 today although one of them I couldn't find) so when I get the time to actually sew some of the blocks I'll have them all in one place.  Lots of talent being shared by/on/at  Quilting Jet Girl, Meadow Mist Designs, Late Night Quilter, and all of the talented quilters they each hosted,  so well worth checking out.  I designed my version of the blocks in EQ7 and did a layout for each day, it was a great way to work on my EQ7 skills.

March 28

March 29
3rd block second row is much nicer than my mock up, working with curves and angles is still in the learning phase for me'

March 30
1st Block second row should be appliqued but I couldn't figure out how to do that in EQ7

Yesterday I found a new 'I HAVE TO DO IT' QAL!  It's designed and hosted by Janeen at Quilt Art Designs, so of course it's Paper Pieced.  "Lighthouse" starts April 6 and runs for 8 weeks, so will be completed on 'the other side of the pond', but will live on the wall on 'this' side of the pond.  Being a Bluenoser, no way could I NOT do a QAL featuring Peggy's Cove Lighthouse.


Linking up with Lorna's 'Let's Bee Social #118' on this beautiful Wednesday afternoon.  Enjoy what your day brings everyone!

4 comments:

  1. The quilting is great on the table runner. I had to laugh at your blog title...Keeping Busy. You're always busy doing something...I amazed at the amount of QAL and BOM you participate in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stick with the ones I like and drop the others :)

      Delete
  2. A Peggy's Cove quilt?! It's amazing! I grew up in Tantallon, so I've watched my share on sunsets at Peggy's Cove. I may have to consider this one. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you decide to do this one, we can share our progress :) I've done a few of Janeen's patterns and every one has turned out lovely, I have a couple of her BOMs on the go, but this is the first QAL I've jumped into. I'm fairly new to paper piecing so it takes me awhile to get the more complicated ones done, but I get there. Janeen's instructions are spot on.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)