Saturday, March 19, 2016

Aurifil Designer BOM

The Aurifil Designer BOM 2016 is all about blues and white, and is Free.  Sounded like a great way to use up the blues on my shelves :)  One 12 inch block is designed and released each month by a different designer, with the added bonus of getting to know each designer a little.  The sharing is done via a monthly link on Pat Sloan's blog.
January - Swirl Away - Heather Valentine @ The Sewing Loft
I gave Swirl Away  a whirl when it was released in January, ran into issues of my own making and tucked the partially made block into my orphan block bin.  It just made more sense than picking out all of those seams.   It went much smoother the second time around, mostly because I actually followed the instructions.

Orphan Block

January - Swirl Away


February - Lake Life - Kari Carr @ New Leaf Stitches
When I saw all of those teeny tiny HSTs I groaned out loud!  And somehow, the pattern slid to the bottom of my BOMs :)  Until March.  I really wanted to do March's block and just couldn't until I had done January and February's.  We won't go into why, it's just 'one of those things'.  I don't have the fancy dancy Clearly Perfect Angles templates but turns out I didn't need them.  It ain't perfect, but it's done :)

Febraury - Lake Life

March - Improv Star - Christa Watson @ Christa Quilts
This one was fun and went quickly.  And now I'm all caught up with the Aurifil Designer BOM 2016. Just in time to fall behind because the blues won't be travelling with me.

March - Improv Star

January - February - March

Linking up with Pat Sloan's March Link Party.

4 comments:

  1. They look great. I made the January one, but February and March really didn't interest me. I'm thinking about going back and doing the 2015 mini quilts instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mini Quilts can be fun, as long as the pieces aren't too small :) It was the March block that kicked me into gear to get January and February done.

      Delete
  2. They look great. I can understand your hesitance at February but it was worth the work as the block looks good xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina. I don't think I'll do another one any time soon, but I'm pleased with the results.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)