Friday, February 5, 2016

TGIFF Feb 5

I actually finished this in January, but didn't post about it for whatever reasons... at least I don't think I posted about it... I KNOW I didn't link it to a TGIFF :)
I wanted a new bed runner for my room so in December,  between hunts for even more BOMs and QALs,  I worked on some blocks from Fresh Lemons Modern Quilt's Solstice Stars Series using some Fat Quarters from Connecting Threads, purchased last year so counts as working from my stash, right?  LOL
I did diagonal wavy lines between straight lines and love the texture it produced.  The leftovers went into the cushion, no pattern just what worked for me at the time :)




Linking up with TGIFF at Devoted Quilter.  Already 27 link ups, so looks like lots of finishes are happening :)  Enjoy your Friday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Those colours are so soothing, and I love the texture created by alternating the straight and wavy lines in the quilting! Thanks for linking to TGIFF :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne :) It was nice to have a finish to link :) At the rate my UFO pile is growing I may have to take 2017 off the BOM/QAL trail and just quilt. Doubtful I must add :)

      Delete
  2. There's just something so soothing about these colors. What a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) If I had to pick a favorite color, this would be one of the top 5. Thankfully, I don't have to pick one though.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)