Monday, February 15, 2016

Paper Piecing

Over the past week I've been working on my Paper Piecing BOMs. Quilt Art Design's Beginner's BOM 2016 has two blocks this month.  No link ups or 'share' places for this one and the patterns are free for the Month released only. I enjoy these blocks, they are mostly straight lines and only a few pieces so not as mind boggling.  I still struggle with the patterns being backwards, I think because I'm a  visual learner. After finishing February's blocks I decided to re do January's.  I had glued the pattern pieces together wrong last month so my center seams didn't match up.  The re do was much better EXCEPT I must have changed a setting on my printer, so either January's pattern is the wrong size or February's are.  There are sooooooo many things that can quickly go awry with paper piecing ~~~sigh~~~


January Re Do



My Favorite Things BOM February block is Buttons.  A few more pieces than QAD's blocks but not particularly difficult, once I sorted out the size to print the pattern.  I had it all printed and the pieces glued together earlier in the month then when I set up to do the block I realized the block wouldn't be the same size as my January block so had to reprint the pieces.  I'm glad I sorted it out BEFORE doing the block.  The blocks for this BOM are free for the day of release only and the 'share' is done via Instagram, Flickr and/or Facebook.


To give myself a break from Paper Piecing I got Sew Fresh Quilts' block  #4 Eccentric Star Sweater done in the Ugly Christmas Sweaters QAL.  I liked the look of some of the other quilter's 'sweaters' so decided to make the background of the block the same as the sweater color.  I like the look better than the square in the middle.  I won't re-do the other three :)


I think that's me caught up... for now.  I really need a louder voice in my ear to help curb my obsessive addition of BOMs and QALs.  LOL  If any of you are interested in adding a BOM or 6 to your list most of mine are on the right sidebar.  Linking up with Lynette's BOM's Away at What A Hoot Quilts.  Enjoy what your Monday brings you :)

4 comments:

  1. That buttons block is too cute! And I love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've taken to paper piecing. Your blocks are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anja, it gets easier the more I do. I still does my head in with the backwards/forwards/flipping. And some of them have so many seams that quilting them would be a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)