Friday, February 26, 2016

OMG TGIFF

One finish, two link ups :)  My OMG February Goal, link #72 in the Goal Setting Party was to finish Drunkard's Wife, and it being Friday I wanted to get it done today.  I started with the cushion cover and nearly pulled my hair out!  My little brother sewing machine has been acting up lately and after a few lines of quilting I knew I had to do something. Sooooooo, off came all of the plates and in I went with tweezers, a long pin and a small paint brush.  Shocking how clogged up the feed dogs were!  LOL No wonder they weren't grabbing the fabric.  It's working like a charm now and much quieter.
I went with straight line, sort of, quilting, unevenly spaced by design and accident.  When I set the goal I wasn't sure if I was going to make a cushion and runner or a small lap size 'travel' quilt.  I went with the cushion and runner :)  I have something else in mind for the travel quilt and it won't be done before my next trip across the pond.
The Drunkard's Wife QAL was hosted by Falice Regina at Sew Sceatterbrained.  It was a weekly Quilt Along starting on November 2, 2015 and finishing on January 25, 2016.  It was a fun QAL that gave me lots of laughs.  I blogged about it several times over the past few weeks so I won't repost any of my previous pictures.

Back

Top

In Place
Linking up with the February Finish Part at OMG at Red Letter Quilts  and also with TGIFF being hosted at Lisa In Port Hope.  I hope your Friday has been a great one so far!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish! And I love your nightstand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fine finish! Those Drunkard's Wife blocks crack me up. They remind me a little of the concept of Humility blocks that I read about recently. Quilters would intentionally include an error in their quilt so as to teach themselves humility. Not this gal! I can be humble about something else! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun one for sure. Depending on where and when I see it, a mistake doesn't really bother me. I just go with them as being part of the process. I don't make 'show' quilts. I don't sell them. They are used, flaws and wrinkles quilted in :)

      Delete
  3. Your cushion and runner are great. Kudos for finishing your goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja. I have so many UFOs on my shelf, this one I wanted to finish :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Amazing how a pillow and runner will completely change the look of a room - these really perk the bed up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Heidi, I'm pleased with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)