Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Let's Bee Social #112

As usual, lots going on in my fun room.  Being mostly caught up with this month's BOM blocks I've been chugging away on my February OMG goal.  My goal post was #72 in the Red Letter Quilts February link up and the goal is to finish Drunkard's Wife.  I decided to go with a bed runner and long cushion and have gotten along really well so far.  The blocks are all sashed together and I'm ready to sandwich and quilt.  At this rate, I should be able to meet my goal :)



While reading on the blogs last week I found a pattern for a Jack Russel Terrier block and knew right away I wanted to make one, and for who, so while I was all set up for paper piecing I just continued along.  D's sister has a rescued Jack Russel named Ben and with one little tweak (a brown spot on his back) Janeen's pattern was perfect.  Some work in progress shots,  I'll post the finish pictures on Friday





On Thursday I saw an interview with a fellow member of MMQG. Lesley from The Cuddle Quilter, on our local news and was reminded of Quilts of Valor.  I had purchased some 'Oh Canada' fabric in the Fall with the intention of making a QOV but because I hadn't heard back from the NS rep I slipped it to the bottom of the pile.  Seeing Lesley's interview sparked my interest again so I put together a design, following one in AnneMarie Chany's book 'Sister Sampler Quilts'.  I'm using a mix of designs from the book and from the Block Fab program on my iPad.  I even got two blocks done :)







My display wall so far this month :)


Linking up with Lorna's 'Let's Bee Social #112' at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Enjoy what your Wednesday brings :)

8 comments:

  1. Busy as always! I've always wanted to do a quilt for Quilts of Valour. One of these days I will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could do one together, when time allows of course :)

      Delete
  2. I missed Lesley, but she posted the link on her blog so I was able to view it. I keep saying I'm going to make a QOV, but never get around to it. I like your design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you, Jenn and I could do a QOV together :)

      Delete
  3. You sure are a busy stitcher again this week! I have always admired that paper pieced Jack Russell design by Janeen. Can't wait to see your block finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy keeps me out of trouble... for the most part :)

      Delete
  4. So many projects, but they are each so wonderful! Love the Jack Russell and can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)