Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Let's Bee Social #111

Wanderlust is a paper piecing BOM hosted by Janeen at Quilt Art Designs.  The blocks are a little above my abilities but I couldn't NOT do January's Tower Bridge.  I have fond memories of sailing under the bridge while the Olympic Rings were hung from it... awesome :)  Many hours went into this block and I love it, faults and all :)  It's doubtful I'll do all of the blocks in this BOM, I'm just not a dedicated paper piecer, so the ones I do take on will likely end up as wall hangings.  This one will for sure :)  The blocks are free for the month of their release... which means the pattern for Tower Bridge is no longer Free.

 
The Ugly Christmas Sweater QAL, hosted by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts,  started on Feb 1, with a new 'sweater' block being released every Monday and Thursday.  I finished Sweater #3 Shoo Fly this morning, just in time for tomorrow's.  Fun blocks and a good way to use up those Christmas fabrics :)


#3 Shoo Fly

#1 Simple Nine Patch

#2 Friendship Star
Linking up with Let's Bee Social #111 at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Enjoy what your Wednesday brings :)

6 comments:

  1. Your ugly sweaters are coming along nicely. I haven't started yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja :) I've been seeing some done with the background of the main block done in the same color as the sweater, I think I'm going to do that for the next ones. I've also seen some without the main block, which might be good for fillers :) So many ideas... so little time LOL

      Delete
  2. Your Tower Bridge looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodie, seeing yours was that extra push I needed :)

      Delete
  3. Kathy that Bridge block is awesome! You did a great job. And those ugly sweaters...fabulous! You always have so much going on. I don't know how you keep it all going....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrienne, I keep what I enjoy going and drop what I don't. I love doing blocks, they give me variety and the chance to hone up on my weaker skills. It's putting all those blocks into quilt tops then quilting them that is my biggest challenge. ;)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)