Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Keeping Busy

There is always a flurry of quilting activity during the first week of the month, especially this early in the year, when all those wonderful BOMs and QALs are kicking off.  I got caught up on some January Blocks and a couple of 'Blocks 2s' done, including the 'Button' blocks for Bonfire.  More curves... two months in a row now, but I'm not complaining, I just love the results this month!  I decided to go with same colors, just one is prints and the other is solid.




Doing a little happy dance here, my Bonfire post for January at Gen X Quilters  was picked for the  $25 Fat Quarter Shop Gift Card.

A good portions of today was spent reorganizing my Fun Room and redoing my display wall.  I took down the cork tiles, put up (or is that on?) some wainscoting then re did the cork tiles, cutting some to fit along the sloped ceiling.  I'm happy with it :)






After all that organizing and nailing (I love using that little nail gun) and stapling (no fingers this time) I got some sewing time in and got a good start on my first 'Ugly Christmas Sweater' Block.


Linking up with Lorna's 'Let's Bee Social 110' at Sew Fresh Quilts.

6 comments:

  1. those blocks are really neat, And your sewing room is so inspiring - mine is pretty much a permanent mess! I try to clean it up but I make a mess in it far more often than I clean it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm forever changing things around, difficult with a small room and way too much stuff ;)

      Delete
  2. The button blocks are terrific! Great colors - and the design is very nice. From the Sisters book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, AnnMarie Chany's Sister Sampler Quilts. I bought the book to do the Bonfire BOM. I'm well impressed with the book, lovely pictures, very clear directions. It will be a 'go to' book on my shelf :)

      Delete
  3. I really like this blocks. Kudos for the curved piecing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curves went very smoothly on these two, it seems easier on the bigger blocks :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)