Friday, November 27, 2015

Two Friday Finishes!

In July I enjoyed doing 'Little Joys' QAL at Jolly Jabber.  Little Joys was a weekly QAL, doing three blocks each week.  I was still in England then, finished the blocks and packed them up to bring home. I put them together as a wall hanging, even got the quilting done, but was so NOT happy with the end result... partly because I had no use for a wall hanging, but mostly because I used freakin' crappy polyester batting  errrrrgggggggg.  I tucked it away thinking it would grow on me, maybe.  NOPE. So out came the seam ripper and I picked picked picked all of the wavy line quilting I had done... I still had no purpose for a wall hanging so decided to turn the blocks into a bed runner and cushions, using my favorite cotton batting :)  What a transformation!  I absolutely love the finish.  Of course, you'll have to take my word for it because I didn't take any pictures the first time around ;)  I used decorative stitch #76 on my brother.






My second finish is a set of four Placemats using my AYoLF win from Stitch & Giggles, Ho Ho Ho by Deb Strain Charm Pack.  I used some 'close' matching fat quarters for the solid blocks and borders and red flannel for the back and binding.  Quilting was one done using stitch #45, a decorative stitch meant to look like hand sewing.  It doesn't really, but I still like the stitch :)


Linking up with TGIFF at Quilting Among The Groves. 

7 comments:

  1. A lovely solution to your problem. The cushions and bed runner are lovely; very festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marly, the blocks were nice and easy to do and big, so I was so pleased to find a nice use for them :)

      Delete
  2. I love the creative solution that you found for your wall hanging. I am amazed at the lengths we will go to make a project work. The result that you've come up with is very festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. 9 - 12 inch blocks and that lovely fabric just HAD to find a home :) My sister is well pleased it was her room :)

      Delete
  3. The bed runner and pillows are great. I'm sure it was a lot of work to take out, but now you're happy, so it was worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Anja :) Saving the blocks and reusing them in a better (for me) way had it's own rewards :)

      Delete
  4. What on earth possessed you to use polyester batting? That's just madness! Kudos to you for doing the work of taking it apart... you must have been feeling VERY patient that day (or that week...) Lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)