Thursday, November 5, 2015

Throwback Thursday Volume 4

I taught myself to sew while living in a remote part of BC (Prince Rupert) in the early 80s.  It kept me sane over the years, sewing up pretty much anything.  With 4 kids, there was lots of reasons to sew :)  I wobbled off creating with fabric to painting on wood (much of which I cut out myself) to minatures to beading to knitting to crocheting and back to fabric.  For this link up I'm sharing a picture from 1989 of some costumes I made.  My wonderful niece at Quarter Inch From the Edge told me I could share something that wasn't quilty, and it's her link up so nah nah nah. My youngest son is not too sure he likes his brother's face blue :)  The little clown sitting on my oldest daughter's knee is a neighbor I was looking after, wearing the costume I made for my son a couple of years earlier, this picture predates the birth of my youngest.  Too much information I know, but these Throwback posts lend themselves to sharing.
~~~Yellow Cat~~~Pumpkin~~~Mime~~~Clown~~~Gonzo~~~

I hope your Thursday is full of memories that make you smile :)  Linking up with Jenn at A Quarter Inch From the Edge's Throwback Thursday.

19 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you found this pic and linked up! Those were awesome costumes. I still have all the Cabbage Patch clothes you made for me... every last piece! I can't wait for Cora (and perhaps Lucas) to play with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa found your Cabbage Patch in Prince Rupert :) So sweet that you've kept the clothes all these years.

      Delete
  2. These Throwback posts really do lend themselves to sharing and great memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great costumes. Thanks for sharing. Got any old pictures of Jenn????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wonderful pictures of Jenn, some of them on my family photo wall in the stairwell.

      Delete
  4. I love these costumes!! I think Gonzo is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made two Gonzo outfits that year... one for my son and one for his older cousin. I used wicker bread baskets for the heads, they worked great and made it easier to attach the nose and eyes.

      Delete
  5. Fun costumes and fun memories! And I like the idea of the hand-me-down costume. Pictures comparing different kids wearing them make fun memories, too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha!! That's a fun photo. :D I loved sewing Halloween costumes when the kids were young.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, thesethrow backs do bring back memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - those are neat costumes - isn't sewing an awesome skill? Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)