Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Let's Bee Social #99

Lots of sharing going on at Sew Fresh Quilts, I think Let's Bee Social gets busier every week!  Such fun to nose around on blogs and see what others are up to.  I can hardly wait until Friday and the reveal of Lorna's 'Forest Friends'.

In my little Fun Room I've been struggling with a Santa Suit, the neck is giving me so much grief that I set it aside... almost packed it in if I'm honest, even made the phone call to apologize and bow out but after talking to my friend just decided to step back for a couple of days.  I had started the project last week while visiting with friends in the Annapolis Valley, got the jacket mostly done and realized it was humongous so had a fitting, brought it home, took it all apart and cut the pieces down two sizes.  The fur has to be finished by hand and I'm going to try one more option for the neck.  Still no guarantee it will be done by Friday... or even if I'll do any more one it ;)  I'm just NOT that into it!



After setting the SS aside I did some fun blocks.  'Sail Away' is Block #11 in Snap Shots QAL at The Jolly Jabber, a quick block which was exactly what I needed last night!  I think the material I used for the boat bottom may have to be replaced, it has a lot of metallic stuff in it and doesn't lay nice.


 'Star Studded' is Block #2 in Deckade The Halls, also a Jolly Jabber QAL, this one from a couple of years ago,  Some of the pieces were a little smallish, but overall they went together ok.  Still need a little trimming, but I've learned that trimming stars usually means losing points so I like to wait until I put them into their setting.


I played a bit with Electric Quilt7 and designed some simple blocks for a quilt I'd like to do, but likely won't get to this year.  I used a picture of my house to make the house block, leaving out the deck and fence.  I still have some work to do on the final design, likely I'll add some light bulbs to the bottom... or something else christmasy.




I think I've procrastinated enough on the Santa Suit... or maybe not... I dunno, it's still not calling me so maybe one more fun block.  I hope your sewing adventures are going a whole lot smoother than mine seem to be this week.  If not, pop on over to Lorna's 'Let's Bee Social' and enjoy some of the work being done by others, so much inspiration being shared!

My design/display wall so far this week.



6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the Santa suit, but it looks great! Looking forward to the quilt you designed in EQ. It was good you were able to design your own house. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, that suit is out of here this weekend, finished or not! EQ is fun to work with, I just wish lessons weren't so expensive! I've been muddling along with the minimal tutorials and tips shared online but really would like to learn more about block design. This quilting gig ain't cheap! LOL

      Delete
  2. There is too much fun going on at your house - according to that design wall! Look at all those cute blocks. As for the SS - I'm sorry - that's the way it goes sometimes. But hang in there - you'll get it done and be happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get bored easily so like to have lots of different projects on the go. I don't seem to get many finishes... my WIP piles just keeps growing ;) Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. Your design wall is amazing! So many great projects. Good luck with the SS...looks like beautiful fabric and fur. My pet peeve is always about Santa suits that don't look beautiful, and yours does look so rich and beautiful, so hope you can persevere with it. Love the quilt you designed with your house...awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley, by this time of the month my wall makes me smile. I take it all down at the end of the month and start over again :) The Santa Suit got finished last night, I whined until my sister helped me sew the fur on. Took us two hours flat out last night. It's not perfect, but it's done, thankfully.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)