Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Lets Bee Social #97

Lets Bee Social is always a fun way to share our progress on various projects, and then have a peek at what others are doing.  Win win in the cyber Quilting World.

Bag It at Elm Street Quilts started on Tuesday, with the first tutorial being a small (4x6) zipper pouch, very cute and small... have I mentioned I'm not keen on sewing small projects... I may have done a time or six.  Day two is the same pouch only with boxed corners...  But, the smaller projects are a good time to use some of the decorative stitches on my Brother so I'll chug along happily :)  I'll make today's one in purple and tuck it into my grand daughter's Christmas present.




The Drunkard's Wife QAL at Sew Scatterbrained also started on Monday.  I got block 1 "Happy Hour" done yesterday before the 7 stitches in my upper arm started screaming STOP!  I'm doing this one all in wintery prints. left overs from Snowed Inn and some Fat Quarters I purchased at Connecting Threads.  The lettering in the center still needs to be stitched, or maybe done in fabric paint, I haven't decided yet.


And lastly, working through the discomfort until I just couldn't, I got the last 4 blocks of Moccasin cut out and ready to sew.  I managed to get pairs of the checkerboard units sewn and ironed.  It's the ironing that gives me the most grief.  The stitches are in my left (dominant for me) arm and that's the side I have my ironing mat set up on.  I'll be happy to have Moccasin done, it's been more frustrating than I needed and more than once I've tucked it away with the thought of not finishing... only to pull it back out and get caught up.  Except for 4 blocks... two that didn't play well and two that I didn't even attempt.  Maybe this will be the month I'll tackle them... or not ;)


My Design/Display wall is looking pretty bare so far this month, but the list is long and growing so it will fill quickly enough.


Linking up with Lorna's 'Lets Bee Social' at Sew Fresh Quilts.

10 comments:

  1. Love the bag! Thanks for participating in the Bag It series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to add something a little different to the growing list :) Thank YOU for hosting Bag It. And for taking the time to drop by Both Sides.

      Delete
  2. Okay... tell me the flying geese are supposed to be reversed in the Happy Hour block... and why is it that you're sewing up a storm when you're apparently injured?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a planned reverse. That's the idea behind Drunkards Wife. A bit of silliness :) First of the month is always busy with BOMs and QALs. Not an injury, a mole-gone-wild removal. Admittedly I did a bit too much the first 24 hours, but I didn't want to baby it and then take longer to heal. Felt great yesterday and this morning so I'll be sew sew sewing :)

      Delete
  3. I assume your flying geese got drunk during happy hour. ha ha ha You have been busy this week. Stop sewing if you are injured. It's okay to take a break -- and give the rest of us some time to catch up with you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the flying geese got drunk (well, HSTs, if I'm honest). Not an injury, a procedure, and I'm only using it to NOT exercise. Sewing is much more fun. Besides, one small pouch, one sewn block and some cutting isn't really that much over a couple of days.

      Delete
  4. Nice bag - the decorative stitches really add a nice kick! I saw the picture @ the Bag It! challenge so I came over for a peek - waving at you from Ontario :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~~~Waving back~~~ Thank you taking the time to comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that decorative heart stitch. Must see if my machine has something like that. I don't use my embroidery stitches nearly as often as I could. A lovely bag. Came over via Bag It.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smaller projects are great for using the decorative stitches. Funny how we get comfortable with certain stitches and don't often waiver. Thanks for taking the time to comment, makes me smile :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)