Monday, November 23, 2015

BOMs Away

Dirty Martini is block #3 in the Drunkard's Wife QAL.  I'm sticking with my 'winter' theme and just love the fabrics in this one!


I did three more blocks in the Deckade The Halls QAL, Santa Stockings, Seasons Giving, and Vintage Ornaments.  I think I almost have enough blocks to do a bed runner and some cushions for my room, maybe just a couple more... the blocks are quick and come together nicely.




Gen X Quilters' BOM 2016 is going to be a little different next year, and since there is an option for 12" Blocks, I've decided to sign on for the third year.  This year we'll be working from a book, rather than PDF files each month.  I pre ordered my book, 'Sister Sampler Quilt' from Amazon, because Gen X doesn't ship to Canada. Happily, it's cheaper than previous years :)  Having the book and being able to work at my own pace might mean this BOM/QAL won't quite have the same feel to it as others, and I might have difficulty sticking with it... or NOT just diving in and doing it all at once, but we shall see.

What A Hoot's BOMs Away doesn't have a link up this week... but I have the post done so I'll post it anyway.  I hope you are all enjoying your Monday!  

4 comments:

  1. Great blocks...as usual. Love the red print in your Dirty Martini block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anja, I loved all of the prints in Dirty Martini! Except for the background white they are from the 'Frosty Forest' bundle at Connecting Threads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connecting Threads has some great, very affordable, choices, don't they? Love those snowmen. :D Nice work on all the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they sure do Lynette! I've never been disappointed with Connecting Threads :) Thank you for taking the time to comment, I hope you are healing nicely!

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)