Monday, November 16, 2015

BOMs Away

The second block in the Drunkard's Wife QAL is the 'churn dash', renamed Whisky Tumbler by our host Falice Regina @ Sew Scatterbrained.  It's actually a little easier to make mistakes on purpose than I first thought it would be ;)


November's 'Chocolate Star' came together nicely, in spite of the many triangles.  I think I'm going to lose several points on my stars when I put the quilt together.  I think stars aren't my favorite :)


Linking up with BOM's AWAY at What A Hoot Quilts .

8 comments:

  1. Looks to me like you've got the necessary ¼ inch to keep your stars intact! And it's hilarious that you're making a quilt with a mistake in every block!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun idea I just had to join in :) Big blocks was a draw as well... I'm sooooo done with little blocks!

      Delete
  2. I don't think you're going to lose any points on the stars. The block looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, I'm hoping I don't, but those small pieces have a way of causing grief in the finishing.

      Delete
  3. I am not into stars either, my points usually go astray...but yours look like they will work no problem! and the drunken churn dash...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrienne. The Drunkard's Wife QAL is a fun one.

      Delete
  4. The Drunkard's Wife cracks me up. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)