Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Winner :)

I was one of the lucky winners in last Month's A Lovely Year of Finishes draws and my prize arrived today! Thank you Lori at Stitch & Giggles for the lovely moda Ho! Ho! Ho! by Deb Strain charm pack.  And thank you Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs for hosting A Lovely Year of Finishes :)


On October 15th the 10th Block for Snapshots, Let's Go Surfin', was released.  Another cute block, and except for a little blip, I managed to sew one of the tires on upside down and had to rip out a few seams, the block went together nicely.


Over the weekend I worked on a little 'Bat' table runner and finished it off this afternoon. It turned out great, the colors are vibrant and the table is now ready for Halloween :)  I followed an Elizabeth Hartman tutorial at Oh Fransson, called Barn Bats,  a little confusing at first, but I got there in the end.





My Happy Wall in my Fun room so far this month :)


Linking up with Lorna's 'Let's Bee Social #95 at Sew Fresh Quilts.  Lots of quilting being shared, why not pop on over and share what you've been doing this week :)

14 comments:

  1. That bat runner is super! I love it..... And the Canadian surfer is pretty rad, too! What fun projects you have on the go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna, fun is what it's all about for me, mostly. I was feeling a bit patriotic after the election when I did 'Let's Go Surfin'.

      Delete
  2. the Canadian fabric on your surf board and car are really cute! so fun. from the looks of your design wall you have lots of good things going to keep you busy. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by. I do try to keep busy, especially as the nights are getting longer.

      Delete
  3. I love how cheerful your deign wall looks. Lots of creativity. Pretty bat runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) This room changes almost daily, I get bored quickly ;)

      Delete
  4. What a cute table runner...and surfer car.....and reindeer....you do have a lot of great stuff going on in your happy place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, lots of BOMs and QALs happen in my happy place... it will soon be time to hunt out some new ones :)

      Delete
  5. I'm convinced that you don't sleep...you get a lot done each week. Congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sleep, trust me :) And I take a Doctor prescribed walk every morning. I'm just blessed with lots of quilting time :)

      Delete
  6. Okay, love that bat runner! The design, the fabrics, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I followed an Elizabeth Hartman tutorial at Oh Fransson... I should have put the link in my post, I think I'll go back and do that.

      Delete
  7. Great table runner. I love the touch of Canadian flag in the surfer block xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina :) I smaller print might have worked better, but that was what I had left of the Canadian fabrics.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)