Friday, October 30, 2015

More Paper Piecing

Earlier in the month I blogged about the Reindeer peeking in the window HERE and this week I got him quilted and bound.  I decided to be very sparse with the quilting, letting the paper pieced units speak for themselves and just quilt some lines in the window frame. As it's a wall hanging and won't get washed much (if at all) I figured sparse would be ok.  I just love him!


I followed along with the Halloween Haunts Blog Hop and was lucky enough to get a cute Halloween Paper Piecing pattern from Quilt Art Designs .  I did some free motion stippling on this one, orange on brown, which was very brave of me, especially after the amount of work that goes into a paper pieced project.  But it turned out lovely :)



Linking up with Quilt Art Designs Paper Piecing Friday.  If you are at all interested in learning to paper piece or just want some awesome patterns be sure to have a look at what Janeen has to offer.

Because it's Friday and these are both finished I'm also linking up with TGIFF at Faith and Fabric Design.

6 comments:

  1. Love your Hallowe'en quilt! And your stippling looks awesome! It can sometimes be tricky to FMQ paper pieced projects because of the bulk of the seams. Doesn't seem to have affected your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a few spots where the seams made me stall a bit, but overall, it went great. I wouldn't do it on a full size quilt for sure... but then I don't think I'd paper piece a full size quilt either ;)

      Delete
  2. Still loving the reindeer. You did a great job on Trick or Treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja :) I love that reindeer too, his face makes me laugh :)

      Delete
  3. Both your projects turned out amazing!
    Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janeen, for taking the time to comment and the lovely patterns :) You're blog is my 'go to' place for Paper Piecing.

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)