Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Keeping Busy :)

This week I've been working on the setting blocks and final layout of Vacation Time,  a Pat Sloan BOM that I started in January.  My fabric choices, Annali Twigs/Meadow/Arches and Teal Floral. were less than inspiring for this particular BOM, but I chugged along with it.   The blocks were basic, no frills and went together each month without any problems. The August border blocks put me off. They were supposed to be 4" hourglass blocks, but making 100 2 1/2" HST units just didn't appeal, then or now ;)  I replaced them with 4 square blocks made with strips, and used more fabrics than the original design.  I was trying to get some color in the otherwise drab palette.  I still have another border to add, but  haven't decided what color to make it... I think I'm done with the brown twig fabric :)  Some fabrics just look better online ;)



I took a break from Vacation Time and quilted the Harvest QAL.  Just a peek at this one, I want to have a finish for Friday :)


Linking up with Lorna's 'Let's Bee Social #93' at Sew Fresh Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. Good call on the tiny HST's. Who's got time for that. Can't wait to see your finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, as you may have noticed I didn't post it on Friday. LOL That's the last time I'm 'saving' a finish, from now on it's post when done :)

      Delete
  2. You are always so busy and productive! You go Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)