Monday, October 12, 2015

Harvest QAL Finish

The Harvest QAL at Elm Street Quilts finished last Monday, with this week dedicated to the finishes.  I waited until I was back in Canada before starting this one, but the blocks were simple construction and small enough to use what I had on hand, so getting caught up wasn't a problem.  Thankfully there weren't too many blocks so I didn't get frustrated working on small blocks :)


Finished Blocks

I turned most of the blocks into a table runner, with the extra geese, spools, and leaves safely tucked away in my orphan block bin, to be used in another project.  I quilted wavy lines and used a cheap batting, errrrrgggggg, so there are more (than usual) wrinkles sewn in.  I still love it though!  This was a fun, relaxing QAL using wonderful fall colors.  I love this time of the year!

Quilting the first waves

Hanging out on the design wall

Harvest QAL

8 comments:

  1. Love how you've put all the blocks together. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the runner you stitched from these blocks. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to say so :)

      Delete
  3. This looks great! I'm so glad you enjoyed the QAL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty, for dropping by and for hosting the Harvest QAL :) It was exactly what I needed to help settle into this side of the pond (Canada).

      Delete
  4. Love the AMH fabric in this, looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know your fabric if you can pick out a specific line! I'm not even sure what AMH is ;)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)