Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Goal

My September goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to continue on with Modern Aztec, how much further I get will depend on how smoothly my travels home go so I'll set my goal low at piecing the blocks for section 2 and sew the blocks together.   This section has three 20" blocks, each constructed from 56,  3"HSTs... all that trimming...all those seams... this is the section I've least looked forward to. The other blocks are 21" bordered squares cut in half and added to the sides of the HST blocks.  Simple enough and the end result should be nice.

Linking up with the Goal Setting Party at Fiber of All Sorts.

The pictures are scanned from Issue Twenty One of Love Patchwork & Quilting.  The pattern I'm following was designed by Cristina Tepsick of Pretty Little Quilts.  Other posts about Modern Aztec on Both Sides of the Pond are HERE and HERE.



12 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goal. Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja :) With any luck I should make it to Septermber's Sew In.

      Delete
  2. This is the first time I've seen the Modern Aztec. What a great goal and a beautiful quilt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really like this one :) It's probably the biggest I've undertaken so far, which is why I'm doing it in sections :)

      Delete
  3. Best of luck. That is an amazing looking quilt. It will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I see a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of work. But I love the colors so it doesn't really seem like work :) I think my biggest problem will be making sure all the pieces make it across the pond :)

      Delete
  5. Wow - this quilt is stunning and looks like it will at least keep you busy! Can't wait for the updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Adrienne :) It's packed for the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt! Where can I buy the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Issue Twenty One of Love Patchwork & Quilting

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)