Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September ALYoF

Another month, another goal met, and a little more :)  My Goal setting post is HERE and was link number 4 in the Goal Setting Link Party.  I carried on from August with Modern Aztec, got section 2
pieced as well as section 3.
It wasn't my favorite section, but I knew it wouldn't be.  With all those pieces it was tiresome and there are some wonky bits.  The colors are lovely though.
The 3rd section went quickly, I had done the triangles in August and the blocks were simple and came together with only one or two little 'ripper' uses.
 I had gone a bit overboard in August and quilted section one, which made packing it a little more 'room consuming', but it made it home and is in the 'to quilt' pile with the other two sections. It's also needs a date with the iron :)
I'm still loving this one :)  It's folded over the clothes line, so twice the size showing, which is why I decided to quilt it in sections.






Linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes at  Fiber of All Sorts.

14 comments:

  1. This is coming together nicely. Congrats on achieving your goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja, with any luck I'll get it finished by Spring. My 'to quilt' pile is growing rapidly, guess it's time to stop gravitating to BOMs and QALs and actually quilt!

      Delete
  2. What a striking quilt this will be. I really like the colour choices you have made for these sections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, it was the colors on the cover of the magazine that drew me to Modern Aztec in the beginning. I stuck pretty close to them, maybe a little more 'orangy' than pinkish. :)

      Delete
  3. I see what you mean about all those little pieces, but you did an amazing job of the piecing. It's great to see all the sections together on your clothesline. They look fabulous! What a beautiful quilt this is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna, it's one I'm looking forward to get finished and on my bed! I need to find the right batting first though... sigh... I really wasn't thinking when I quilted that top section. LOL I just got too excited ;)

      Delete
    2. when you say the right batting, what do you mean??

      Delete
    3. I quilted the top section with Hobbs Cotton batting, in England, and didn't bring what was left home with me, so I need the same for the rest. Haven't been able to find any locally (Halifax, NS) yet. Fabricville has a Cotton batting that looks close, but yikes it's expensive.

      Delete
  4. very striking! love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I love the colours too :)

      Delete
  5. Looking good.. not too wonky to me. I'm still loving those colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are a lot of us who like the colors :) Looking forward to getting this one done for sure.

      Delete
  6. Your quilt is going to be so amazing! Love seeing these sections in those gorgeous colours and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley, I'm so pleased with it so far :)

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)